Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Awards Competitive Quality Innovation Network Quality Improvement Organization Contract to TMF
Director, Communications and External Relations
Austin, Texas – Nov. 12, 2019 –TMF Health Quality Institute has secured the five-year Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico, Texas and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
TMF has built a strong quality improvement team throughout this region, including subcontracting with longtime successful quality improvement partner, Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care (AFMC).
“TMF has a strong tradition of working side-by-side with health care providers to improve health care and the patient experience,” said Tom Manley, TMF president and CEO. “For more than 40 years, we have been dedicated to improving the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. We are excited and ready to continue this important work.”
The new contract focuses on several key issues:
- Improving medication safety and behavioral health outcomes
- Improving the safe use of opioid medications and decreasing opioid misuse
- Preventing infections and improving antibiotic stewardship programs
- Improving chronic disease self-management, with a specific focus on diabetes, cardiac health and chronic kidney disease
- Reducing harm in nursing homes
- Improving nursing home resident mobility and function to help prevent falls and pressure ulcers
- Improving early recognition of change in nursing home residents’ condition to reduce emergency department visits and hospital admissions or readmissions
- Helping communities improve the coordination of health care for patients to help reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions
TMF, along with AFMC, will provide targeted technical assistance and engage nursing homes, hospitals, home health agencies, physician practices, clinicians, Medicare beneficiaries, family members, caregivers and health care community partners to implement lasting quality improvement initiatives. Visit https://tmfnetworks.org for more information.
About TMF Health Quality Institute
TMF Health Quality Institute focuses on improving lives by improving the quality of health care through contracts with federal, state and local governments, as well as private organizations. For more than 40 years, TMF has helped health care providers and practitioners in a variety of settings improve care for their patients.