Helping federal, state and local governments improve care
Government agencies rely on TMF Health Quality Institute’s extensive experience and resources to help solve their unique health care challenges.
Who we are
Selected examples of TMF’s impact on health care quality:
- TMF reduced hospital readmissions in 14 communities by 30%, representing 4,718 readmissions avoided, with an estimated cost savings to Medicare of $50,080,265.
- TMF worked with 42 nursing homes to decrease pressure ulcer rates by 45% and 67 nursing homes to decrease physical restraint rates by 79%.
- TMF graduated 13,518 African American, Hispanic and Native American patients from Diabetes Self-Management Education classes, in addition to training 1,173 new diabetes educators.
TMF Health Quality Institute promotes quality health care through contracts with federal, state and local governments, as well as private organizations. For more than 40 years, TMF has been a trusted health care consulting partner that offers solutions to accomplish program goals.
We help government agencies and other organizations accomplish the goals of better health care, better health for people and communities and affordable care. As health care quality improvement experts, we can assist physician practices, health systems and other health care providers in transforming care delivery and improving health outcomes.
What we do
TMF develops and implements a broad array of health care quality improvement projects. For example, we have conducted projects to reduce healthcare-associated infections, reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions and medical errors, reduce harm in nursing homes, reduce cardiac disease and diabetes, reduce health care disparities and improve family and patient engagement.
We offer a broad range of consulting services related to quality improvement:
- Developing and implementing improvement projects employing innovative strategies to monitor, manage and improve health care quality
- Convening, organizing and facilitating shared learning and action networks to engage health care providers, stakeholders and patients in rapid, large-scale transformation of care
- Providing quality improvement consultation and technical assistance to enable providers to improve processes and patient outcomes
- Identifying and providing quality improvement tools to facilitate change, identify barriers to change and use Plan-Do-Study-Act cycles to sustain and spread successful interventions
- Identifying and sharing best practices used by high-performing providers
- Achieving measurable quality improvement results through analysis, collection and monitoring of data
- Assisting with the development and implementation of new health care delivery models
- Reducing disparities in health care quality
- Improving care for special populations
- Assisting providers with care coordination and chronic disease management
- Providing health education and promotion
- Preparing providers for pay-for-performance initiatives
For additional information